Marine Spatial Planning Spring School 2021
March 1st - 16th 2021 (online)
The MSP Spring School is a unique opportunity to learn more about Marine Spatial Planning from experienced lecturers and practitioners through informative and interactive lectures, discussions and exercises.
The MSP Spring School will comprise of lectures, discussions and interactive exercises/workshops. Lectures and workshops will cover:
- Lectures: national experiences (first nations, Germany, Denmark), specific topics (ecosystem-based approach, fisheries, spatial data requirements, stakeholder involvement
- Workshops: MSP Challenge game, Living Q, Stakeholder Analysis and Involvement
Purpose and Objectives
The MSP Spring School challenges participants to:
- Deepen their understanding of MSP;
- Strengthen their knowledge through practical lessons;
- Tackle challenges as a group;
- Engage in discussion with fellow students and MSP experts from across Europe.
The Spring School is available to students from the project partner institutions only.
Schedule and indicative timetable
The Spring School will take place online on Zoom during 1st-19th March.
You must be available for the interactive workshops on Mondays 1st, 8th and 15th March. Lectures will be recorded and made available throughout each week, with a scheduled discussion session for any questions you may have.
WEEK 1 (1st March)
- DAY 1 (Monday): WORKSHOP: introduction to the Spring School, MSP challenge introduction
- DAY 2: LECTURES: Introduction to MSP; first nations; MSP in Germany; DISCUSSION (Day to be decided)
WEEK 2 (7th March)
- DAY 3 (Monday): WORKSHOP: MSP Challenge Game
- DAY 4 : LECTURES: MSP in Denmark; spatial data requirements; DISCUSSION (Day to be decided)
WEEK 3 (15th March)
- DAY 5 (Monday): WORKSHOP: stakeholder involvement
- DAY 6 : WORKSHOP Living Q; LECTURES: marine ecosystem services; fisheries and MSP; DISCUSSION (Day to be decided)
A detailed program will follow soon!
How to Apply
To register please go to https://kf-msp-ss-2021.sciencesconf.org/
You will be required to create an account and answer a few questions as part of the registration process. The final questions ask about your availability for the workshops. You will receive an email confirming your place.
Registration deadline: February 17th
Stay tuned for more information!